The wedding posts. are. coming. Are you excited? BECAUSE I SURE KNOW I AM!!! All the decisions are made, and deposits. I’m going cake testing this weekend-and no YOU CANNOT TAKE THIS AWAY FROM ME. I SHALL EAT CAKE AND I SHALL ENJOY IT. Which brings me to today’s post–what on earth am I gonna do for our desserts? I like cake, I like cake a lot and yet I’m not feeling that traditional cake set up thing. I think I’ll do a small cake, but the other possibilities are just SO MUCH FUN!!
1. Donut BarSo yeah–WHO DOESN’T LIKE DONUTS?! We’re having a brunch wedding and this is just so much fun and relaxed! I think it’d be FABULOUS! Pic found here.
2. Donut HolesI love the idea of packaging up in little cones for people, or skewers. It’d be nice to have an ice coffee / choco milk / milk station set up alongside to! It may be fun to have both! I definitely believe in variety and finger foods. Original post found on Ruffled.
3. Milk and Cookie BarIn concept we love this–practically not so much. As we are having a brunch wedding this would be out noonish, and the biggest sell on doing a Milk and Cookies bar is really the adorable packaging of the milk. To display the milk out in the sun makes me feel a little bit nervous–but also…even though I get the concept of Milk and Cookies, confession…I don’t think I’ve ever actually had them together >^<! That and most of my side of the family (including me) is lactose intolerant. Lol~! Still, a super adorable concept! Very wholesome and sweet. Found on Weddingchicks!
4. Traditional Dessert BarTo be honest, I’m leaning towards this. I love so many things that I think it would be fun to have a little bit of everything! I’ve already decided that I love naked cakes, and would rather get 2-3 smaller ones then a big one if neccessary. Macaron’s are the dessert love of my life and the option for the guest to choose on their own is great!
5. ROOT. BEER. FLOAT. BAR.As you can see this I am hysterically excited about. The idea of a ROOT BEER FLOAT BAR. I think it’s a great and casual way to end the wedding, super unfussy, but super DELISH. Ugh brunch finished off with root beer float?! AMAZING. I love how they did it in this picture as well! Oh. The. POSSIBILITIES!
Is it obvious I care more about dessert then food?